MEDIA RELATIONS & INFLUENCER MARKETING
Media Relations lies at the very heart of what Public Relations professionals do on a daily basis. It involves having a deep understanding of the media landscape and building relationships with the press in order to help them create stories that are of interest to readers and at the same time delivers a brand’s messages.
Earned media’s crucial role to brand reputation places it at the center of every client program or campaign. At Sherpa Communications, we continue to enhance our media relations efforts by leveraging data to spot emerging trends that are ripe for media comment and campaigns while maximizing the quality and quantity of client press coverage and thought leadership through influencers marketing. No task is considered complete until we measure its impact.
If you are a business considering investing in PR, here is how effective media relations can benefit you:
- Building brand awareness is not an easy task. The market is saturated with brands competing to stay aloft and ‘Top of Mind’ amongst consumers. Without the right communications strategy to the right audience, it is often challenging for any business or personality to stand out. Generating brand awareness via media publicity can help a brand increase recognition and build a strong base of loyal customers. When your story or brand appears across a media outlet, it is an endorsement from a trusted and highly valuable source.
- In the long run, media relations can help drive sales. Consumers today make purchases only after doing some research and seeking feedback. Media relations and press coverage as a result of that is the most effective source of information in impacting consumers along all stages of the purchase process.
Influencer marketing is another form of engagement through collaborations between brands, celebrities, industry opinion leaders or social influencers. At Sherpa, we develop and execute tailored influencer marketing strategies based on a brand’s unique DNA and goals.
Key benefits of using influencer marketing are as follows:
- This component of the communication program lends a trusted voice to a brand. Today, influencers come in all shapes and sizes, and what they have in common is a community of loyal and engaged followers.
- Influencers have built relationships, trust, and credibility with their followers, who in turn respect their content and recommendations. Utilizing an influencer marketing strategy can achieve genuine marketing results with clear brand placements.
- Influencer marketing can result in winning partnerships. Connecting and engaging with an influencer can be the start of a powerful relationship. In the long run, these connections can end in possible joint-ventures, live events, and other exciting opportunities.